Stefano De Dominicis
Tenure track adjunkt
Idræt, individ & samfund
Nørre Allé 51, 2200 København N
I am passionate about sport and its psychological processes, and my research and applied activities are focused on understanding how to leverage our psychological processes to boost athletic and non-athletic performance, why people engage or not in sport and exercise, and which effects sport and exercise exert on our mind, personality and behaviors.
I joined the Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sport (NEXS) in November 2017, and previously worked at the Business and Management Dep. of the LUISS University of Rome, Dep. of Psychology at the California State University San Marcos, University of Lausanne, School of Behavioral and Organizational Sciences at the Claremont Graduate University and at the Dep. of Psychology of Developmental and Social Processes at Sapienza University of Rome, where I also earned his BSc, MSc and PhD. I am a licensed Sport and Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist specialized in Metacognitive Interpersonal Therapy and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy.
My main research interests and applied activities are related to:
- Behaviour change for healthy lifestyles (exercise, stress, nutrition, etc.), and the role of new technologies in affecting such change.
- Third Generation Coaching, and evidence-based methods in coaching psychology.
- Stress and wellbeing in high-performance contexts (sport, business, performance arts, etc.).
- Talents identification and development in youth.
Undervisnings- og vejledningsområder
In my teaching I blend different modalities (classic and online video-lectures, seminars, group work, case study discussions, invited guests and applied filed work), since I believe in active learning and active participation of students. My courses at NEXS are:
Bachelor i idræt og fysisk aktivitet (Bachelor in Sport and Physical Activity):
- Sport Psychology and Identity
- Coaching and Team Development
Kandidatuddannelsen i humanistisk-samfundsvidenskabelig idrætsvidenskab (Master in Humanities and Social Sciences in Sport Science):
- Psychological Aspects of Competitive Sports
Ph.D. Projects Supervision:
- The role of different environments (built, natural, virtual) on exercise engagement
- Psychometrics in Sport Psychology