Rolighedsvej 26, 1958 Frederiksberg
Education & degrees
B.Sc. in Human Nutrition & Clinical Dietetics (2000)
M.Sc. in Nutrition and Exercise (2004)
Ph.D. in Human Metabolism (2008)
2008-2009: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Dept of Nutrition and Dietetics, Harokopio University (Athens, Greece).
2010–2011: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA).
2011–2015: Assistant Professor of Medicine, Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis (MO).
2015–2018: Assistant Professor of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore & Principal Investigator, Clinical Nutrition Research Centre, Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences.
2018–present: Associate Professor in Obesity Research, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen (Denmark).
▪ 161 papers total: 111 original research articles, 41 reviews, 8 editorials and 1 letter to the editor.
▪ Leading author in 67 papers (second in 37); senior in 29; corresponding in 33.
▪ Average IF2020 = 6.8 (min = 1.9, max = 43.3).
Web of Science, https://publons.com/researcher/3848045/faidon-magkos/
Google Scholar, https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=sSnvP5EAAAAJ&hl=en
Web of Science: 7,401; h-index=44; 390 average citations per year
Elsevier Scopus: 7,786; h-index=46
Google Scholar: 12,473; h-index=55; i10 index=130
Cumulatively, total: US$ 20,436,802 (€ 17,166,914)
- as PI/Co-PI: US$ 4,818,269 (€ 4,047,346)
- as Co-I: US$ 15,618,534 (€ 13,119,568)
Other research activities
10 book chapters
2 invited articles (non-peer-reviewed)
7 invited commentaries
6 reviews in Greek peer-reviewed journals
1 book translation
Scientific conferences & seminars
38 poster presentations
5 oral presentations
25 invited lectures
1 panel chair
Editorial board member: American Journal of Clinical Nutrition; Metabolism; Nutrients; Metabolism Open
Associate editor: Frontiers in Nutrition; Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care; Current Nutrition Reports
Peer-reviewer for 58 international journals and 5 funding organizations
External board member for 6 academic institutions
▪ Committed to daily exercise; come rain, snow or shine
▪ Enjoy riding all sorts of boards (skate, snow, wake) whenever the opportunity presents itself